Generating a Windows kernel memory dump
In case of a bluescreen while using our software we require a windows kernel memory dump to be able to look into the problem.
To generate the kernel memory dump please follow these steps:
To create the kernel memory dump adhere to the following settings of the function 'kernel memory dump'
- At 'START/Control Panel/System' under 'advanced' open the 'startup and recovery - settings'
- At 'write debugging information' choose: 'kernel memory dump'
- By clicking 'OK' confirm the changes and close the window 'advanced'
- By clicking 'OK' confirm the changes and close the window 'System' and then the window 'Control Panel'
- If you are using XP restart your computer (not required when using Vista!)
Now a kernel memory dump will be generated as soon as a bluescreen appears and unless otherwise specified saved as MEMORY.DMP.
Please archive this file as a zip (we recommend RAR or 7-zip) and send it to us by using our upload page or by mail.
Contact us if need be to inquire about submitting large files.