Generating a Windows kernel memory dump
In case of a bluescreen while using our software we require a windows kernel memory dump to be able to look into the problem.
To generate the kernel memory dump please follow these steps:
To create the kernel memory dump adhere to the following settings of the function 'kernel memory dump'
- At 'START/Control Panel/System' under 'advanced' open the 'startup and recovery - settings'
- At 'write debugging information' choose: 'kernel memory dump'
- By clicking 'OK' confirm the changes and close the window 'advanced'
- By clicking 'OK' confirm the changes and close the window 'System' and then the window 'Control Panel'
- If you are using XP restart your computer (not required when using Vista!)
Now a kernel memory dump will be generated as soon as a bluescreen appears and unless otherwise specified saved as MEMORY.DMP.
Please archive this file as a zip (we recommend RAR or 7-zip) and send it to us by using our upload page or by mail.
Contact us if need be to inquire about submitting large files.
Translation settingsHighlight mode for untranslated text
All (recent modifications by other translators)